- Salary on commencement
- The salary on commencement for new employees of South Winnipeg Kinderschule (Kinderschule) will be determined by the Board of Kinderschule.
- In making this determination the Board shall take into account the skills and experience of the new employee and the Manitoba Child Care Association Market Competitive Salary Guideline Scale (the MCCA Scale).
- Performance and professional development
- At the beginning of each school year in September, each employee will nominate performance and professional development/training objectives for the year.
- Objectives will include at least 8 hours of Early Childhood Education (ECE) professional development training per year.
- These objectives will be determined collaboratively by the employee and a delegate of the Board of Kinderschule (generally the Personnel Director or the President) with reference to MCCA guidelines.
- Each employee and the delegate of the Board of Kinderschule will meet twice annually in December and June to discuss progress towards meeting these objectives, and any other employment matters. Employees will be expected achieve these objectives by mutually agreed upon dates.
- Salary progression
- Employees are eligible for a salary review by the Board of Kinderschule in June.
- When conducting the salary review, the Board of Kinderschule shall consider the performance of the employee, their progress towards meeting their professional development and training objectives, their experience, the responsibilities they hold and their knowledge of German language and culture.
- When an employee attains 24 hours of ECE professional development or an Early Childhood Educator qualification beyond Child Care Assistant (ECE 2 or ECE 3) their salary will be reviewed by the Board of Kinderschule in June.
- If during the course of the school year an employee is requested to undertake additional duties/responsibilities such that those additional duties and/or responsibilities constitute a higher level position as described by the MCCA scale, then the employee’s salary shall be reviewed by the Board of Kinderschule at that time.
- Any salary increase shall be determined by the Board of Kinderschule with reference to the salary levels in the MCCA Scale.
- The Board of Kinderschule will consider the current and projected financial position of Kinderschule when making decisions in relation to salary increases.
- Salary increases will take effect at the beginning of the school year, unless the Board of Kinderschule determines otherwise.
- A bonus may be paid to some or all employees of Kinderschule at the end of June each year.
- The bonus rewards superior performance by employees, as determined by the Board of Kinderschule.
- The Board of Kinderschule has the discretion to decide:
- 4.3.1.If a bonus will be paid;
- 4.3.2.Which employees are eligible for a bonus; and
- 4.3.3.The amount of any bonus.
- The board will consider the current and projected financial position of Kinderschule when making decisions in relation to bonuses.
- Reimbursement of Kinderschule employees for costs related to professional development.
5.2 In addition, Kinderschule will reimburse Kinderschule employees for professional development course fees in excess of the equivalent of 1% of employee salaries and/or reimburse employees for classroom time, at the discretion of the Board of Kinderschule. The board will consider the current financial position of Kinderschule when making decisions in relation to this.